Global Sikh Council wishes everyone Happy New Year 2023.
The Nishkaam Seva under the leadership of past presidents has helped GSC achieves new goals. We are thankful to our past presidents:
Gulbarg Singh Basi, US
Lady Kanwaljit Kaur, UK
Gurpreet Singh, India
Inderpreet Singh, US.
Since its inception GSC has served the Sikh community to become global voice in various ways. Some of the highlights as follows:
- GSC issues Press Releases on issues important to Sikhs around the globe.
- GSC held conferences in Indonesia and Bahrain as part of Sikhi Parchaar.
- GSC held a joint conference with World Council of Churches (WCC) in Switzerland in July 2019.
- GSC representatives are regularly present in various talk shows and interfaith discussion forums.
- GSC participated in the discussions and supported local community in France for Turban and in Italy for Kirpan.
- GSC held a meeting with University of North Carolina (UNC) to convince them to change their laws to allow wearing Kirpan on campus.
- Other projects (like – PEHEL, Maa Boli Punjabi, Kich Suniye Kich Kahiye, Women Empowerment, Punjabi Classes, Gurbani Saanjh, Global Sikhi Scholars) of GSC can be checked at official website.
The current President, Amritpal Singh Sachdeva, requests all past and present EC members, Board of Directors, General Body Members, and advisors to continue guiding GSC to serve Sikh Community becoming the voice of Sikhs worldwide and help achieve new milestones in the year 2023. Global Sikh Council