Global Sikhi Scholars
Global Sikh Council (GSC) has formed a committee to develop a consensus opinion at the Global level from a group of interested Sikh intelligentsia as well as Sikhs in general, This May help support Sikh Institutions and the provide ready-made responses for the ordinary Sikhs in formulating opinions to the questions/concerns/ & to the issues related to Sikhi. GSC invites Sikh Scholars/ seekers and subject-experts to join the larger team.
ਗਲੋਬਲ ਸਿੱਖ ਕੌਂਸਲ (GSC) ਨੇ ਇੱਕ ਕਮੇਟੀ ਬਣਾਈ ਹੈ ਤਾਂ ਕਿ ਗਲੋਬਲ ਪੱਧਰ ਦੇ ਸਿੱਖ ਬੁੱਧੀਜੀਵੀਆਂ ਦੀ ਗੁਰਬਾਣੀ ਆਧਾਰਿਤ ਸੁਆਲਾਂ/ ਸਰੋਕਾਰਾਂ/ ਮਸਲਿਆਂ ਤੇ ਇੱਕ ਸਾਂਝੀ ਰਾਏ ਬਣ ਸਕੇ ਤਾਂ ਜੋ ਸਿੱਖ ਸੰਸਥਾਵਾਂ ਅਤੇ ਦੁਨੀਆਂ ਭਰ ਦੇ ਸਿੱਖ ਗਲੋਬਲ ਪੱਧਰ ਤੇ ਸਮੇਂ ਸਿਰ ਇਨ੍ਹਾਂ ਮਸਲਿਆਂ ਦਾ ਇੱਕ ਹੱਲ ਸਾਂਝੇ ਤੌਰ ਤੇ ਕੱਢ ਸਕਣ। GSC ਵਿਦਵਾਨਾਂ ਅਤੇ ਵਿਸ਼ਾ ਮਾਹਿਰਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਇਸ ਟੀਮ ਵਿੱਚ ਸ਼ਾਮਲ ਹੋਣ ਲਈ ਹਾਰਦਿਕ ਸੱਦਾ ਦਿੰਦੀ ਹੈ।
To join Global Sikhi Scholars please fill out this form:
For any enquiries you can contact us at:
S. Amritpal Singh
Sdn. Mandeep Kaur
S. Gulbarg Singh Basi
Dr. Kala Singh
Dr. Jaswant Singh
Dr. Jagjit Singh
Manjeet Singh Wadhwa
The GSC has scheduled two seminars on the same subject. Date is Thursday, August 11, 2022.
- First Session: Starts 1:30 PM India time, Covers UK (time 9:00 AM) to New Zealand (time 8:00 PM) audiences.
- Second Session: Starts 8:00 PM (India time), Covers the countries from Americas (time:7:30 AM (PST)) to India (8:00 PM) audiences.
Each seminar will be of two-hour duration. The first hour will be for presentations and the second hour will be for questions from the audience.
GSC members have shared some causes of this exodus. A short list is included below:
- Class/caste-based discrimination practiced in the Gurdwaras.
- Free education for the youth in Christian schools/colleges.
- Quality of education in Christian institutions
- Financial help for the specific needs of the family.
- Free medical treatment at the Christian hospitals
- Personal contact and persuasion by the Christian missionaries. (Miraculous healing etc.)
- Lack of good Sikhi education at the Gurdwaras/Sikh Institutions
- Lack of attention to the needs of the audience in the Gurdwara activities. (Same old stuff, reading/singing what the audience does not understand or comprehend. Repeat of same stuff regardless of the audience’s age or level of understanding etc.).
- Promise of visas to foreign countries
- Respect given to everybody irrespective of social status, by their priests in the churches as opposed to caste discrimination in Gurdwaras.
- Guaranteed Heaven after death if you believe in their prophet.
- Their prophet resurrected after death, while no other prophet has resurrected.
- Other: (please mention).
You may choose one or possibly two causes from the list above and provide one or more solutions to address the issue where you feel you can help implement the solution as well.
From the registered speakers, the management team will select up to 18 speakers (Nine for each session) to share their views. The audience will have the opportunity to comment or ask further questions about the proposed solutions.
Please note each speaker will have 3 minutes to make their presentation. In rare cases the time may extend up to four minutes- that would be about when the speaker will be reminded that they are going over their time and must finish with their closing words. Reminder: The speaker must stay focused on the subject and not wander all over. Any speakers wandering away from the focus may be reminded and their speech terminated after the second reminder.
The audience may ask the specific speaker for further details or questions about the proposed solution. The audience will have one minute to ask the question and the speaker will have up to two minutes to respond to the question. Anyone going over these limits will be reminded and may be muted.
The selection of the speakers will be first come first served. The only exceptions will be:
- The GSC will include at least one speaker for each cause listed above,
- The speakers who wish to be a significant part of implementing the solution will get preference.